Here are some ideas for National Children’s Dental Health Month:
- Try painting with toothbrushes instead of paintbrushes.
- Give each child a tooth-shaped paper cut-out and have them do string painting using dental floss.
- Cut the bottoms off of large plastic soda bottles and turn them upside down (they look like teeth). Staple several together, and place in a sensory table. Spray them with shaving cream, and give children toothbrushes to brush them clean.
- Take a field trip to a local dentist office. Ask for donations to set up a dentist dramatic play area.
- Make a Happy Tooth/Sad Tooth graph. Give children grocery store ads, and have them cut out pictures of food. Place foods that are good for your teeth on a Happy Tooth chart and foods that are bad for your teeth on a Sad Tooth chart.
- Visit Crest’s Teaching Kids About Dental Health website.
Amazon Picks and Resources: