Here are some ideas for National Opposite Day on January 25:
- Have children wear summer clothes. Or ask children to wear clothes inside out and backward.
- Eat dinner foods for breakfast. Eat breakfast foods for lunch.
- Play Simon Says, but have children perform opposite tasks of what is suggested (ie. Simon Says Shake your hands very fast = children shake hands very slow).
- Fill one bucket with warm water and one with ice water. Have your children stick one hand in each bucket and experience the difference.
- Sorting! Ask children to find any toy in the room. Sort the toys by large/small. Think of other categories to sort.
- Float and Sink. Have children find one item in the room. Conduct a float/sink experiment, by asking children to place their item in a tub of water. Sort by whether the item floats or sinks.