This Father’s Day printable is designed to use as a Father’s Day gift for any special Father Figure in a child’s life (Stepfather, uncle, older brother, etc.) The word “Father” is purposely left off, as some children may not have a father in their life.
- Record Children’s answers.
- Cut the tie out and glue on construction paper for child to decorate.
- Add a heading to the paper, such as “Happy Father’s Day”, “My Dad”, or “All About My Favorite Father Figure.”
(click on image to download)
Amazon Picks and Resources:
Fun Facts About Father’s Day
Here are more facts about the holiday:
- Census data shows there are more than 70.1 million dads in the U.S. About a third of them are married with kids under 18.
- Two million fathers are single.
- Spending on Father’s Day will reach about $12.7 billion this year, with the average person spending about $115.57 on presents. That’s about $2 more than last year’s average.
- The amount spent on Father’s Day is still less than what Americans spend on Mother’s Day — $21 billion.
- Father’s Day is the fourth-biggest day for sending greeting cards, after Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day, according to the Greeting Card Association.
- About 20 percent of Father’s Day cards are bought for husbands.
- More than 214,000 men are stay-at-home dads.
- Thailand’s Father’s Day is celebrated in December, on the birthday of King Bhumibol Adulyadej. Everyone wears yellow.
- On Father’s Day in Germany, men drink all day at beer gardens.
(Source: IB Times)