Flag Day Crafts
Flag Day is June 14. Here is a collection of simple Flag Day crafts we found for the children in your care to make.
- Craft Stick Puzzle Flag. Have the children paint 2 craft sticks WHITE, 2 craft sticks RED, 2 craft sticks BLUE/RED, and one craft stick BLUE/WHITE. Allow the craft sticks to dry thoroughly. When dry, scramble the craft sticks and ask the children to put the “flag” puzzle together. If desired, the children can use foil stars to decorate the blue area of the flags.
- Handprint American Flag. Paint the palm of each child’s hand with the blue paint. Then paint thumb, middle finger and pinky finger with red paint, and pointer finger and ring finger with white paint (children can do this too, depending on age). Have child make handprint. When dry, add star stickers to the blue section.
- Torn Paper Flag. Let children tear pieces of red and blue construction paper and glue them in flag formation onto a piece of white paper. Finish it with a strip of black paper for the flag pole.
- Dot Paint Flag. Use the printable and have children dot with bingo dabbers or craft dot paints to create a flag.
- Free Paper Cutting Flag. Everyone’s flag will look different. Let children cut out long strips of red paper. Glue them onto the paper to make simple stripes, then have them cut and glue on a blue rectangle. To finish, let children make stars by dipping a q-tip into white paint and dotting the blue section.
Amazon Picks and Resources: