Though rewarding, working as a early childhood educator doesn’t always pay a lot. Many early childhood teachers find side jobs for extra money. Here are some common side jobs for early childhood teachers.
Child-Related Side Jobs:
- Babysit or Nanny: Make some extra money babysitting family members or neighbors. They’ll appreciate your knowledge in early childhood education. Find jobs at https://www.sittercity.com/babysitting-jobs
- Tutor: Find local children who need tutoring in a specific subject. Find jobs at https://tutors.com/
- VIPKid: Teach English online to children in China. You teach one-on-one with no lesson planning. Their platform allows you to focus on what you love – teaching kids. Get more information at https://www.vipkidteachers.com/
- TeachersPayTeachers: If you are creative and enjoy creating educational materials, open up a Teachers Pay Teachers store and sell your created resources. Get more information at https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/
- Discovery Toys: Inspire children everywhere to learn and grow through PLAY as an independent sales consultant. Sign up at http://www.discoverytoys.net/
- Usborne Books: Usborne Books & More distributes books through thousands of independent consultants who sell directly to the consumer via home shows, direct sales, book fairs, and web sites. Become an independent consultant at https://www.myubam.com/
Other Side Jobs:
(choose your own hours and when you work)
- Drive for Uber or Lyft: Make your own hours and drive when you want to. Sign up at Uber: https://www.uber.com/ or Lyft: https://www.lyft.com/
- Deliver with Postmates: Deliver food from local restaurants to people in your area. Sign up at https://postmates.com/
- Deliver with Door Dash: Similar to Postmates, you deliver food from local restaurants to people in your area. Sign up at https://www.doordash.com
- Deliver with InstaCart: Shop for and deliver groceries to people in your area. Sign up at http://shoppers.instacart.com/
Also, check stores that you like shopping at – work for them and get discounts on products.
Amazon Picks and Resources: