Introduction to The Early Childhood Academy:
TO BEGIN CLASS, CLICK ON INTRODUCTION BELOW AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS THROUGHOUT THE CLASS.
Class Description: A writing center isn’t just about writing. It is a communication center – a place for children to practice the various stages of writing. Discover the benefits of having a writing center in an early childhood classroom, as well as developmental milestones of writing. Suggestions for writing center materials and activities are included.
CDA Competency: Goal II. To advance physical and intellectual competence
Clock Hours: 1
As a result of this class, participants will be able to:
- choose benefits of having a writing center
- identify developmental stages of writing
- select appropriate materials to include in a writing center
- recognize suitable activities to include in a writing center
- Complete 3 quizzes (at the end of each lesson)
- Complete 1 quiz to activate Certificate of Attendance
Have questions? Contact Us
Course created November 2019/Updated July 2022