Introduction to The Early Childhood Academy:
TO BEGIN CLASS, CLICK ON INTRODUCTION BELOW AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS THROUGHOUT THE CLASS.
Class Description: Effective social skills are critical to maintaining healthy relationships. Some of the core social skills we possess are formed in the early childhood years, and positive interactions with our caregivers can greatly shape the outcome of our social behavior in the long-term. This class explains the typical milestones of social development, the origins of some influential theories on social development, and ways that teachers and caregivers can support healthy social skills.
CDA Competency: III. To support social and emotional development and to provide positive guidance
Clock Hours: 1
As a result of this class, participants will be able to:
- recognize attributes and milestones of social development in early childhood
- acknowledge three theories of social development
- identify techniques to support social skill development in young children
- Complete 3 quizzes (at the end of each lesson)
- Complete 1 quiz to activate Certificate of Attendance
Have questions? Contact Us
Course created November 2021/Updated July 2022