Introduction to The Early Childhood Academy:
TO BEGIN CLASS, CLICK ON INTRODUCTION BELOW AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS THROUGHOUT THE CLASS.
Class Description: Outdoor play is important for every child, as it promotes physical, social and emotional development. Learning happens everywhere, including outdoors. This class highlights the many benefits of outdoor play, as well as clarifies playground features and safety precautions. Suggestions for activities for fun and educational outdoor activities are included.
CDA Competency: Goal I. To establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment
As a result of this class, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the advantages of outdoor play
- Identify features and characteristics of a developmentally appropriate outdoor play area
- Distinguish ways to keep playgrounds and outdoor play areas safe for children
- Choose activities that are beneficial to children during outdoor play
- Complete 4 quizzes (at the end of each lesson)
- Complete 1 quiz to activate Certificate of Attendance
Have questions? Contact Us
Course created November 2018/Updated June 2020/Updated July 2022