Introduction to The Early Childhood Academy:
TO BEGIN CLASS, CLICK ON INTRODUCTION BELOW AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS THROUGHOUT THE CLASS.
Class Description: All early childhood educators encounter some form of “challenging” behavior while working with young children. Understanding why children are exhibiting behavior issues is helpful when learning techniques to prevent and manage the behaviors. As educators, it is more important not to focus on what the misbehavior is but how to address it while maintaining a peaceful environment. This class will make participants aware of reasons for children’s behavior and offer suggestions to prevent and manage behavior in child care.
CDA Competency: Goal III. To support social and emotional development and to provide positive guidance
Clock Hours: 1
As a result of this class, participants will be able to:
- identify developmentally appropriate behaviors reasons for children’s behavior
- choose effective strategies for preventing misbehavior
- select ways to respond to children’s challenging behavior
- Complete 3 quizzes (at the end of each lesson)
- Complete 1 quiz to activate Certificate of Attendance
Have questions? Contact Us
Course created July 2020/Updated July 2022