Introduction to The Early Childhood Academy:
TO BEGIN CLASS, CLICK ON INTRODUCTION BELOW AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS THROUGHOUT THE CLASS.
Class Description: Children tend to be more engaged and learn more from play that involves materials that can be used in multiple different ways and on different levels. One way to achieve this type of play is through the use of loose parts. Discover what loose parts are, the benefits of incorporating this type of play into the classroom, and ideas on how to begin using them in your early childhood classroom.
CDA Competency: Goal II. To advance physical and intellectual competence
Clock Hours: 1
As a result of this class, participants will be able to:
- distinguish the characteristics of loose parts
- select benefits of loose parts play for young children
- identify ways of incorporating loose parts in the early childhood environment
- Complete 3 quizzes (at the end of each lesson)
- Complete 1 quiz to activate Certificate of Attendance
Have questions? Contact Us
Course created January 2021/Updated July 2022