Introduction to The Early Childhood Academy:
TO BEGIN CLASS, CLICK ON INTRODUCTION BELOW AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS THROUGHOUT THE CLASS.
Class Description: Family engagement in early education helps create consistency between the home and school environments. Strong family engagement has also been closely linked to promoting positive development of the whole child, including social-emotional and behavioral development, and supporting academic achievement in elementary school and beyond. Learn ways to effectively engage families in early childhood settings, as well as characteristics and principles of successful family engagement.
CDA Competency: IV. To establish positive and productive relationships with families
Clock Hours: 2
As a result of this class, participants will be able to:
- choose characteristics of effective family engagement
- identify NAEYC’s six principles of successful family engagement practices
- select family engagement strategies
- Complete 3 quizzes (at the end of each lesson)
- Complete 1 quiz to activate Certificate of Attendance
Have questions? Contact Us
Course created June 2022