Introduction to The Early Childhood Academy:
TO BEGIN CLASS, CLICK ON INTRODUCTION BELOW AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS THROUGHOUT THE CLASS.
Class Description: When working with young children, effective communication is a essential part of building relationships and encouraging children’s emotional and intellectual development. This class will discuss ways to positively and effectively communicate with children in your child care setting. Positive language and non-verbal communication skills are provided with many examples.
CDA Competency: Goal III. To support social and emotional development and to provide positive guidance
Clock Hours: 2
As a result of this class, participants will be able to:
- identify effective communication skills to use with young children
- recognize the difference positive statements and “I” messages
- distinguish ways to listen actively and effectively to children
- select ways to use non-verbal communication with children as well as communicate with non-verbal children
- Complete 4 quizzes (at the end of each lesson)
- Complete 1 quiz to activate Certificate of Attendance
Have questions? Contact Us
Course created June 2019/Updated July 2020/Updated July 2022