Introduction to The Early Childhood Academy:
TO BEGIN CLASS, CLICK ON INTRODUCTION BELOW AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS THROUGHOUT THE CLASS.
Class Description: The first few years of a baby’s life shows significant brain growth and development. Caregiver of babies should support healthy brain development by providing positive and enriched experiences. This class explains the parts of the brain and how they reflect development. Learn how to provide healthy brain stimulation through activities and interaction.
CDA Competency: Goal III. To support social and emotional development and to provide positive guidance
Clock Hours: 1
As a result of this class, participants will be able to:
- identify the different parts of the developmental brain
- recognize the difference between overstimulation and under-stimulation
- select appropriate activities to stimulate an infant’s brain
- Complete 2 quizzes (at the end of each lesson)
- Complete 1 quiz to activate Certificate of Attendance
Have questions? Contact Us
Course created March 2019/Updated June 2020/Updated July 2022