When working at or owning a child care program, it is important to remember good customer service. Not only do you want to retain your current families (customers), but you want to make a good impression on potential families.
Here are some basic customer service skills to keep in mind when interacting with parents:
- Answer the phone with a smile on your face. The caller won’t see your smile, but they will hear it in your tone of voice.
- Greet parents every day and welcome them back to your center.
- Listen (REALLY listen) to what parents tell you.
- If there is a problem, offer a valid solution.
- Say something positive about their child every day.
- Show respect and empathy to everyone.
- Get to know every family. Ask questions or follow up on things they have told you.
- Practice positive body language (Make eye contact, stand up straight, avoid crossing arms, etc.)
- Be polite and courteous to parents.
- Make sure everyone working at your program follows these skills.
Amazon Picks and Resources: