Watermelons can be a great topic of interest in the summer months. Did you know that July is National Watermelon Month and August 3 is National Watermelon Day? In addition to eating watermelon for snack, check out 12 watermelon preschool books to share with children:
There are also several Watermelon Coloring Books:
Some Interesting Watermelon Facts:
- The Watermelon is the only fruit that is both a fruit and a vegetable.
- One of the main reasons why watermelons are named that way is because they are 92% water.
- Watermelons have been around for over 5000 years in southern Africa, where the tough, drought-tolerant ancestor thrived.
- There are 200 to 300 different types of Watermelon, but only 50 of these are consumed by most people.
- Oklahoma designated watermelon as the official state vegetable in 2007.
Read more facts at: https://www.konnecthq.com/watermelon-facts/